FPSG have several exciting opportunities for Front-End Developers up to Lead level. We will engage on an OUTSIDE IR35 basis, on initial 6 month contracts and offer flexibility for work to be carried out both remotely AND on-site in Central Scotland. The role will not always be fully remote, so please note we will require an on-site presence with our Public Sector Client at some point within the next 6 months and certainly thereafter too (all things permitting and within Government guidelines of course!).
Significant commercial experience with the following technology:
* Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices including deployment pipelines, Jenkins and Docker
Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas for the Lead role:
* Leading the front-end development within a team of full stack developers, taking responsibility for the front-end architecture.
* Contributing to a shared front-end component library, driving adoption and consistency across multiple development teams.
* Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high-performing, cross-functional development teams. * Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
* Developing within Digital First or GDS quality standards
* Developing solutions using human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
* Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
* Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes, including Grafana
* Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
* Working in Agile delivery models
* Using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high-quality interfaces
* Code quality, monitoring, telemetry and analytics tools
Desirable skills & experience
* AWS Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, Aurora/Postgres, API Gateway, CDK
* Python 2.7/3.x, Jinja
* Java Thymeleaf
Please submit your most recent CV (ideally in Word format) and expect a quick turnaround in being contacted if deemed suitable for the contract. Interviews will take place in the coming days, with offers made to start in the coming weeks, so availability within 4 weeks or so is very useful. Day Rates, via a Limited Company will be discussed and agreed in advance of CV introduction, so please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process
Outside Spy discovers all the Outside IR35 IT contract opportunities for members.