Service Designer - AWS Platform - Global Tech Firm - Basingstoke - £400-£650 per day outside IR35 DoE
Your new company
Global tech firm based in Basingstoke looking for a Service Designer to join the team. The client is about to take on a blue chip client and they need an expert to help build a cloud based solution using AWS.
Your new role
This role will focus on leading the Service Design for a major strategic Cloud manager service initiative in the UK.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the business, and working particularly closely with the Service Platform teams, to map managed service blueprints and customer journeys.
- Design a cloud manage services that brings together customer needs, business goals, and technical realities
- Define a service line that is customer-centered and is complete from end-to-end (processes that are easy to implement, use, consistent, operationally seamless and commercially successful)
- Help define opportunities for the cloud managed service offering, as well as prioritise service feature iterations
What you 'll need to succeed
- 6+ years of relevant B2B service designer experience in shaping AWS cloud based managed services
- Experience of designing, architecting and building AWS cloud environments
- Experience of managing the operation of a cloud managed service and reporting to customer and business stakeholder
- Working with global IT teams/stakeholders to define service requirements and models
- Creating new service models/SLAs/KPIs to support cloud manage service offerings
- Experience with a wide range of service design methods and techniques, and able to demonstrate having used them on projects.
- Experience of working strategically on end to end services, demonstrating improved service outcomes and delivery of commercial benefit
- Experience working with both business and technical teams in writing operational guides, conducting testing and analysis. Ability to collaboratively interpret and synthesize data
- Ability to work under pressure in a collaborative way, often with a high level of ambiguity
- Strong workshop and co-creation facilitation skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management experience
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary agile delivery team
- Excellent software skills including Microsoft Office, Visio, Sketch
What you 'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you 're interested in this role, click 'apply now ' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn 't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Outside Spy discovers all the Outside IR35 IT contract opportunities for members.