We are currently recruiting for a Lead Data Science Researcher to join up with a leading Covid-19 Research programme, this would be a 12 month contract and outside IR35. Please see details below:
* This post will provide scientific support to the epidemiological investigation of incidents and outbreaks of COVID-19, supporting local response in collaboration with other partners.
* This will include leading and managing the technical and analytical aspects of epidemiological outbreak investigations.
* The post holder will also take a lead role in public health scientific analyses and writing reports on specific projects, regular and commissions and publications.
* Providing support to situational awareness outputs and contributing to acute / urgent requests.
Knowledge and Experience
* Experience of coding in R and/or Python
* Infectious Disease Modelling and Statistical Analysis
* Knowledge and experience of common statistical tests, modelling and analyses and interpretation of results
* Experience of interpreting and evaluating epidemiological data, sensitive health data analyses and performing analytical epidemiology in outbreak situations
* Demonstrable experience of public health, health protection or epidemiology including epidemiology for outbreak investigations
* Knowledge of health and social care environment, and roles and responsibilities within it including information flows in the NHS and allied services. Understand of information governance including data protection and confidentiality requirements.
* Experience of using epidemiological and statistical software packages
* Educated to MSC/PHD level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area (in the maintenance, analysis of data)
* MSc in Epidemiology, public health or allied discipline or equivalent level of experience/education
How to apply
Outside Spy discovers all the Outside IR35 IT contract opportunities for members.