We believe that great software is built by teams where collaboration, mutual respect and a drive for quality are front and centre. We want diverse perspectives, passion for learning and we want people who care deeply about their work. We simply don't understand how long hours cultures are a source of pride or expected to produce excellence. We don't get how combative, political environments are meant to generate amazing teamwork. We don't want an environment where people dread going to work each day. If you feel the same way, please get in touch for a non-committal chat with a member of our team
We are Adaptive, a growing and successful software consultancy with a great reputation among staff and clients alike. We work closely with our financial clients to build bespoke software solutions to support their business goals. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Server Side .NET Developer to join an existing project and team, where you'll be extending a commodities trading platform, adding additional sources of liquidity from different trading venues, improving the RfQ workflow, etc
We are looking for people with solid professional experience to work with our teams to build Real Time software. It's really important to us that this person is well rounded and conscientious, with a focus on doing what's right for our company and clients.
In terms of knowledge and experience, here's what we're looking for:
- Significant, professional Server Side software development experience
- Expert Legacy and .NET Core experience
- Messaging experience
- Testing, including BDD/SpecFlow/Unit tests
- Excellent communication skills
- Language: English (fluent)
* Experience working with distributed teams is good to have but not essential
* Experience with REST/SOAP
* Experience of working within finance, or consultancies serving investment banks/financial services would be great to have
* Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent is good to have but not essential
In return, we offer a very positive working environment, among a friendly, welcoming and smart team. We enjoy contributing to open source projects and where we can, strive to make what we do open source.
The successful candidate will undergo a background screening.
This role has been assessed as outside IR35 using IR35Shield.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES - we will not accept unauthorised submissions.
Outside Spy discovers all the Outside IR35 IT contract opportunities for members.